- One of the most efficient ways of keeping producing wells healthy from scale deposition.
- Is a cost-effective solution in comparison with other scale prevention techniques.
- Easy to install, does not require additional tools or manpower.
- Is a complex solution including sizing software designed to ensure complete match of equipment to application conditions.
Novomet has developed a downhole unit for dosing scale inhibitor compositions as a solution for treating formation fluids to prevent non-organic scale depositions on ESP impellers and diffusers. Novomet offers two types of units are available for solid and liquid scale inhibitors.
For solid inhibitor, tubes are filled with solid scale inhibitor and a metering port is installed at the bottom of the tube. During ESP operation formation fluid flows into the downhole unit through perforations, the solid scale inhibitor is dissolved and gets mixed with the formation fluid. The dissolved inhibitor molecules are absorbed on crystal-forming nuclei thus preventing their growth and deposition on ESP impellers, diffusers and equipment surface.
For liquid inhibitor, the unit includes a tube filled up with encapsulated liquid scale inhibitor and metering port in the upper part of the tube. The number of sections is sized according to the well flow rate.
Encapsulated liquid scale inhibitor is a complex of capsules made of polymeric semipermeable membrane, size 50-100 mkm, where inhibitor is inside the capsules. The formation fluid flows through the metering port into the unit, enters the capsules, dissolves the inhibitor and flows out. Then the dissolved inhibitor leaves the unit through the metering port and goes to the pump intake. In the tubing inhibitor molecules are absorbed on crystalforming nuclei thus preventing their growth and deposition on ESP impellers, diffusers and equipment surface.
Novomet scale preventer is an integral solution involving several aspects
Step 1 – Analysis
- Analysis of well conditions: flow rate, fluid properties, water cut, temperature, averagerun time and target run time.
Step 2 – Design
- Novomet applies special software to select down hole unit based on Step 1 – Analysis.
Step 3 – Manufacturing and Installation
- Novomet ensures 100% incoming and outcoming quality control of all system components.
- Installation of the unit is an easy process, nevertheless installation instruction shall befollowed.
Step 4 – Monitoring and Control
- Regular fluid sampling and testing.
- Analysis of samples to verity that inhibitor concentration is not less then minimum aswritten in product certificates.